Tuesday, February 21, 2006

(VIDEO!!) L.E.D. Throwies from the Graffiti Research Lab

L.E.D. Throwies from the Graffiti Research Lab

(thanks to adamgreeves on the TIP for the heads up!)

As means of introduction, this photo is of a bunch of L.E.D. Throwies.

This video is rather perplexing to me. It seems like a new type of glowing/flashing/light-up toy for intoxicated people to play with at concerts or dance parties, or while wandering the streets of their favorite metropolis aimlessly.

Nothing too interesting about that, right?

But check the video, which I believe is a promotional spot for a "Coming Soon" website. It is a beautiful and haunting little piece of performance art where people fling these L.E.D. Throwies at the outside wall of a building, slowly covering the entire surface. The soundtrack is a little acoustic ditty--I have no idea who sings it, but if any readers do, please let me know--that I just really like.

(EDIT 2/27/06) - Thanks to madpercolator, who informed me that the song is by a Sweedish singer named Jose Gonzalez. For more information, take click here.

I guess this video could be a commercial for the actual L.E.D. Throwies, but I remember seeing a web page with instructions on how to make them yourself. The directions are a little too technical for me, but if anyone out there makes some of these little do-hickeys, please let me know, I'd love to play with one.

1 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Please send me the live version of "Love Will Tear Us Apart"...I don't really like the studio version.

I love that song. Brothers Past played a disgusting version the last time they played the Culture Room.

Here it is!

And Nouvelle Vague (playing April 20 in Miami) also does a killer version.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there's few things better than a good cover song!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home