Thursday, January 26, 2006

(AUDIO!!) !!! - Take Ecstacy With Me

This EP came out last year, and is a worthy follow up to the triple exclamation point-named group (pronounced chik chik chik)'s ass-whooper of 2004, album, Louden up Now. I find the title track, though unfortunately named and possessing a hedonistic and self serving (but oh so attractive) chorus, to be such an infectious blend of sounds--ranging from thumping bass to clanging cowbell--that when I first heard it I honestly listened to it twenty-five times in a row on an airplane.

After dropping a quasi-political album, !!! followed up with an EP of obscure covers: the title track, originally by Magnetic Fields; and "Get Up", an interesting take on a Nate Dogg (that deserves three exclamation points!!!) track.

If I've listened to "Take Ecstacy With Me" one hundred times, I've only listened to "Get Up" five times. So that should tell you something.

But here I present them both to you.

!!! - Take Ecstacy With Me

I dare your toes to not tap when the bass kicks in on the first track. Try me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home