Monday, June 12, 2006

Secret(s) of the Week

For those of you who have never visited PostSecret, you really are missing out on a truly participatory art project, as well as an extremely therapeutic web site.

For those of you who have been to the site, you are well aware of the gist of it. People send in home-made post cards with secrets written on them. Once a week the blog publishes them. Sometimes they'll make you laugh, sometimes they will break your heart. But they will always make you think about what frame of mind the author was in when they decided to send something in to a website that originated from the darkest depths of their soul, and what caused them to be in that place, and perhaps what happened to them after the dropped the card into the mail.

The editors of the website compiled a fabulous coffee table/bathroom book (which never fails to be the first book picked up when I have people over to me apartment) that is for sale at, amongst other places, Amazon.com. PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions From Ordinary Lives can be purchased here.

The new secrets get posted over the weekend, so I think I might link one or two up here whenever I feel so moved.

Here are the Secret(s) of the Week:

(Please note that the secrets posted here do not belong to me, and are only being posted due to their poignancy. There are dozens of other secrets I could have posted, so don't try to read too much into this. I only think that this is a powerful website that everyone should see.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home