Sunday, June 11, 2006

(VIDEO!!) I/O Brush

(Thanks, Ross for the heads up!)

I spent the majority of this weekend sitting on my couch and catching up on the few primetime TV programs I still watch (thank you DVR!!). Honestly, this video had me more enthralled than the past two weeks of Last Comic Standing, the pilot episode of the Luke Perry (?!?) lotto-winning drama Windfall or post-season repeats of My Name is Earl or Everybody Hates Chris (both quality pieces of family programming, by the way).

Just tell me that this description doesn't make you want to buy one of these things, or at least watch the video...

I'm gonna tell you that the video is even cooler than the description. I/O Brush is a new drawing tool to explore colors, textures, and movements found in everyday materials by "picking up" and drawing with them. I/O Brush looks like a regular physical paintbrush but has a small video camera with lights and touch sensors embedded inside. Outside of the drawing canvas, the brush can pick up color, texture, and movement of a brushed surface. On the canvas, artists can draw with the special "ink" they just picked up from their immediate environment.

I''m gonna tell you that the video is even cooler than words can describe...


For more information on the I/O Brush (except for the most important info that I can think of : how much it is and where can i find it), check out their Massachusetts Institute of Technology (what do you think, they people who came up with this brilliant idea attended the DeVry Institute?) -hosted website here.

And for the love of all that is sacred, will someone please create a marketable version of this toy. There are so many crappy toys out there, and this technological wonder will appear to young and old, tripping out and completely sober.
I'd buy one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home