Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Amberland Review Preview!

I spent my Memorial Day Weekend (the part of it where I wasn't passed out in the back of my buddy Ethan's Subaru Outback, at least) in a beautiful little corner of the world, Deerfields, NC. This fine piece of property, for the first time (and hopefully not the last), hosted Perpetual Groove's annual Memorial Day event, Amberland.

It was pretty much the perfect location for the perfect weekend with pretty much the perfect band (at least this weekend, pGroove came pretty close.

I'm still slightly burnt out from the lack of sleep and the extreme levels of alcoholic consumption. Plus, even though I don't really like professional basketball, I feel like watching the Heat put the whoop on the Pistons.

So I'm gonna cop out and wait until tomorrow to post my review. It'll give me some time to collect online photos, taboot. That's a necessity considering that my lovely lady's little camera had some technical difficulties. Which, of course, were resolved upon return to reality from the wilderness.

I'll leave you with a photo, one that is probably the best shot I've seen of pGroove guitarist Brock Butler in a long time, if ever. I didn't shoot it; probably never could. But I love the look on his face, and the lights behind him.

Wow, what a weekend!

Perpetual Groove guitarist Brock Butler. Amberland, 2006.

Tomorrow, be prepared for a full Amberland review, containing pictures and details of a great weekend. Also, if I got the time, and I got the inclination, maybe disc 2 of Under the Covers? What can I say, it's gonna be a pGroove kind of day.

I had that good a time this weekend.

1 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice work Scooter. I spent probably an hour on this blog on Friday catching up on old news and such. Love the Ramrod stuff,

-Ross

 

Post a Comment

<< Home